Olympic NOC Pins
The first ever gracefully made and published, high resolution, high quality Reference Guide of National Olympic Committee Pins and Badges, carried by the 201 National Olympic Delegations that participated in the Athens 2004 Olympic Games. Vol. 1, 264 pages.ORDER NOW!
BOOK TRAILER VIDEO 1 - Moving Images
BOOK TRAILER VIDEO 2 - Still Images
ATHENS 2004 OLYMPIC NOC PINS AND RELATED MEMORABILIA, Vol. 1
by Ioannis Thomakos (author)
Hard Cover or Soft Cover with Spiral binding: € 97.00
Number of Pages: 264
Editor: Epsilon World
Publication date: October 2018
Book Category (Genre): Olympic History & Legacy
Book Dimensions (W x H): 23 cm x 32 cm (9 in x 12.6 in)
Shipping Weight: 2 kg (4.4 lbs)
Available to ship immediately. We ship worldwide.
The Book contains one of the biggest and most complete NOC Pin Collections in the world on a single Olympiad, including more than 1670 NOC Pins and Badges, derived from 201 different countries.
The Book by itself is a Collector's item. It is the first ever elegantly made and published, high resolution, high quality Reference Guide of National Olympic Committee Pins and Badges, which were proudly carried, by the 201 National Olympic Delegations that participated in the Athens 2004 Olympic Games.
Benefits and Advantages - Why you should buy this Book
• First of all, the Book is of great historical significance to all 201 countries that participated in the Athens 2004 Olympic Games because it contains the NOC Pins & Badges, the Flags, the National Emblems and the Symbols of each National Olympic Delegation.
• The Book is also of great practical value to all National Olympic Committees that participate in forthcoming Olympic Games, because it will greatly assist them in the future, in the design and layout of their NOC Pins and Badges.
• The Guide is an excellent reference tool for Olympic Collectors & Historians. Collectors can utilize it to complete their NOC Pin Collection faster and Olympic Historians can use it as a model and blueprint, upon which, more Olympic Reference Books can be prepared and published in the future.
• The Book besides the fact that it's the first of its kind, it's a work of art and it has high educational value. It will be a great addition to every Olympic Library and also a memorable gift to be given to National Olympic Committee Members, Olympic Athletes, Olympic & Athletic Organizations, Sport Federations, Olympic Collectors & Historians, Members of the Olympic Family, Diplomatic Embassies and Consulates and generally to any person or entity who is a friend or supporter of the Olympic Games.
• It took the Author 15 years to complete his Athens 2004 NOC Pins Collection and another 2 years of hard work to prepare the Book for publication. We assure you that this beautiful Olympic Reference Book will be an excellent addition to your Olympic library for ever.
• The hard cover of the Book has been prepared with a special state-of-the-art technology called "soft touch." This special technique gives to the hard cover a soft, smooth texture. The Book has been printed on a special "Velvet Paper" 150 gsm, which allows the pages to have a soft, silky texture. The smooth, satin hard cover and the soft velvet pages make the book a real pleasure to touch and feel.
• A limited number of Book copies with Soft cover and Spiral binding, will be available at the time of the Book's release, in order to satisfy those who prefer to have a Spiral bound, copy of the Book.
THE BOOK AT A GLANCE
Essential Data and Key Points:
Number of Countries represented in this Book: 201
Number of Countries that participated in Athens 2004: 201
Total Number of NOC Pins & Badges: 1678
Number of Dated NOC Pins & Badges: 783
Number of Undated NOC Pins & Badges: 895
Number of Chef de Mission and Delegate Badges: 60
Number of NOC Pin Frames: 19
Number of NOC Plaques: 13
Number of NOC Medals: 18
Number of NOC Plates & Gifts: 5
The building of the NOC Pin Collection started in the year: 2003
The most recent addition to the NOC Pin Collection occured in the year: 2018
Number of years it took the Author to build the entire NOC Pin Collection: 15
Number of Hi-Resolution RAW Photos taken: 30,000 plus
Number of man-hours that were required to complete the Project: 25,000 plus
Number of years it took the Author to prepare the Book for publication: 2
Number of Photos that were processed with Photoshop: 3,000 plus
Number of NOC Pin “Olympic Rings” that were edited with Photoshop: 15,000 plus
Number of people that assisted in the preparation of the Book: 3 (the author, a photographer and a photoshop specialist).
Method of NOC Pins Presentation: Alphabetically by Country
Types of NOC Pins & Badges included in this Guide:
• Dated NOC Pins
• Undated NOC Pins
• Chef De Mission & Delegation Badges
• Dated Olympic Team Pins
• Undated Olympic Team Pins
• Sponsor NOC Pins
• Dated International Federation Pins
• Olympic Village Pins
Cover Page Photo:
Olympic Stadium after the Parade of Nations during the Opening Ceremony of the Athens 2004 Olympic Games.
Photos and Illustrations:
The Guide is fully illustrated with high quality, high resolution photos.
Design & Layout:
This Book is an “Ellinourgima”, great Greek craftwork. It has been carefully crafted, taking into account the rules of harmony of the “Sacred Geometry” of ancient Greece. Excellence is embedded in the entire book from start to finish.
Source of NOC Pins:
The vast majority of the Book’s content is based on the Extended Collection of National Olympic Committee Pins & Badges and NOC Related Memorabilia of the author.
Although it’s nearly impossible to have a complete collection of dated and undated NOC Pins on any single Olympiad, we are confident to say that this Book contains more than 99% of the Athens 2004 NOC Pins & Badges known to the International Olympic Community.
Athens 2004 Olympic NOC Pins
This beautiful Reference Βοοκ brings into light a very important part of the History and Legacy of the Athens 2004 Olympic Games through the outstanding presentation of the NOC Pins and Badges that were worn and exchanged by Athletes and Delegation members of the 201 participating countries. I congratulate the author for his important contribution to the Olympic Movement and I highly recommend this Book to all friends and enthusiasts of the Olympic Games.
— Efthymios Kotzas
Mayor of Ancient Olympia
The Guide is very well researched and documented and it is prepared in a professional, well organized manner. The two distinguishing traits of this impressive Book are “excellence and perfection.” Furthermore, this outstanding publication raises the ante on the way Olympic Reference Books should be written and it is an excellent model for future authors to follow. I firmly believe that this superb Reference Guide is destined to become an Olympic classic. I congratulate the author for his everlasting contribution to Olympic History & Legacy and I highly recommend this Book to everybody in the Olympic Family.
— Dr. Roman Andrzej Babut
President of the International Association of Olympic Collectors
I extend to the author my heartfelt congratulations for his dedication and long term commitment to create this superb, high quality publication. Without a doubt, this Reference Guide is the most beautiful Olympic Book I have ever seen. I highly recommend this Book to everybody in the Olympic Movement and to all friends and supporters of the Olympic Games.
— Stavroula Kozompoli
President of the Hellenic Olympic Winners Association
This Book presents a wonderful collection of the NOC Pins and Badges that were worn and exchanged during the Athens 2004 Olympic Games, among the Athletes and Delegation members of 201 countries. I would like to extend my sincere congratulations to the author for this unique publication. This Reference Guide is an important contribution to Olympic History and I highly recommend it to everybody who loves and cherishes the Olympic Games.
Manager of NOC Assistants - Olympic Village
Athens 2004 Olympic Games
Dear Gianni, I received your "Athens 2004 Olympic NOC Pins" Book yesterday and I spent a few hours reading through it. It is truly an awesome undertaking, certainly the Gold Standard for the Ηistory of NOC Pins and Μemorabilia of the Athens 2004 Olympiad. I think that this historic publication should be a "must-have" for any serious collector of NOC Pins, and also an inspiration for others to follow your example for other Olympic Games in the future. I was also impressed with your enthusiasm and pride in your country's role in the founding and support for the Olympic Movement. I salute your marvelous achievement! Pete Wade, Olympic Collector & No. 1 Expert in the World, in Olympic NOC Pins
The “Athens 2004 Olympic NOC Pins & Related Memorabilia, Vol. 1" is the first well researched & organized and superbly presented, high quality Book on National Olympic Committee (NOC) Pins. It is prepared by a very knowledgeable Olympic Historian and dedicated Olympic Collector. It is an outstanding Reference Guide written by an uncompromising perfectionist. Dimitris Moschos, Olympic Collector & Recognized Expert in Olympic Pins
The Athens 2004 Olympic NOC Pins Guide grabbed my attention immediately. I was touched by the excellent design and the overall harmony of this Book. It's an excellent presentation of Olympic NOC Pins and Badges, prepared by a world class Olympic Collector. Based on my extensive knowledge in Pin Collecting I can attest that this is the best Olympic Reference Book on NOC Pins ever published. Nikos Araitzopoulos, Olympic Collector & Philately Expert